Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Dream, Think, Plan

My wonderful sister-in-law, Courtney, is the inspiration to this post. Courtney and I share ideas often. I enjoy bouncing mine off her and she does likewise. Today she called and asked me my favorite time of the year to decorate. I immediately said Fall. Then I said, "Well". Before I could say more she said, "No you already said Fall so Fall it is!"

Courtney is an amazing floral designer. In fact she won first place at a Houston competition, first place at a regional competition, and I believe honorable mention at the state level. She is totally amazing. She has been asked to decorate a mock dinner table for very upscale elaborate event. She was given a choice of spring, summer, or fall. After our conversation she decided on fall. She will create table settings, an arrangement, place cards, and a party favor.

I immediately realized it is almost that time of the year. Fall and Christmas merchandise is making its grand appearance in many stores. Ladies, it time to start dreaming, thinking, and planning for all of your holiday events.

Many people seem to jump straight to Christmas. I on the other hand LOVE Fall. I have beautiful plates with brown turkeys. Of course I pull out the pumpkins and fall leaves. Girls, your Fall decorations can actually be displayed longer than any other season. Put it out in September and leave it through Thanksgiving.



Plan to share your holiday decor and foods with friends and family. If you prepare ahead of time entertaining is easy! Once you've made your fall plans immediately begin making your Christmas plans.

Sketch your decorating ideas, create sample menus, and put dates on the calendar to entertain those you love.

DREAM...THINK...PLAN....these are just reasons to share your love with others! Hopefully, I can be an inspiration to you. Use the sidebar and scroll thru past posts for recipes. I will do my best to update with many new ones, too.

Blessings from our home to yours.....

1 comment:

Karen Prince said...

Tracie,
I pick fall too. I love the rich colors of fall. Of course, the weather is a plus too!