- Create holiday florals by adding poinsettias to existing greenery in your home.
- Battery operated flickering tea lights look great and saves $$ and clean-up time.
- For a pretty table display place artificial snow flakes in bottom of apothecary jar top with a few ornaments. My awesome decorator assistant, Carrie Blair, placed one on a couter in my kitchen. It simply has snow in the bottom of a jar and 2 red glittery ornaments with an approx 3 inch silver glittered snowflake----simple beauty!!!
- Use things from the past. (grandparent's, childhood, etc) On our den tree I display my children's Christmas art. Remember they are now in their 20's! Also my Mom gives them an ornament every year. There are 43 Grammy ornaments!!! Redonia is a teacher and gets ornaments. Some are not pretty but have great sentimental value. I taught school for six years 18 years ago. I have ornaments on the tree from some of my students, too. The memory tree is the perfect place for those ornaments. On one of my tables in the living room I have a red bowl placed on its side. The dish was one that my grandparent's kept on their counter. Papaw emptied his pockets in the bowl. It is probably a FTD container from the 70's! I can't part with it and use it every Christmas. My cousin, Judy, made Mamaw a macrame tree one Christmas in the 70's. Mamaw hung it every year at the head of her dining table. It is another of my price inheritances. I hang it on the door pull of my China cabinet. It should really be hung on a wall but since I don't have a wall space at the head of my table the china cabinet works! I tell all our guests during the holidays about the pretty tree. It means so much
- Love fun Christmas dishes? I do too! I have both dressy and casual. Currently I have fun snowmen plates on gold chargers. The chargers helped to set the plates off for my otherwise dressier table decor. It's Christmas....mix the fun with the pretty! Be brave do something different.
- Add ornaments to your china in your china cabinet.
Side note: OH MY GOODNESS you can't believe how awesome our church foyer looks. We have a 8.5 or 9 ft snowman, several trees, lit garlands, and snowy night backdrops.Thanks, Courtney, you are an awesome sis. I love you!!! Keep watching this blog or my other blog for pics.....you are going to be AMAZED!!!