Thursday, November 20, 2008

Candy

The holidays just aren't complete without a variety of candies. My earliest memories of holidays is with Mom making lots of candy. My favorites were Peanut Butter Fudge and Martha Washington Balls.

My very first candy I learned to make was Peanut Butter Fudge. We had a candy thermometer but Mom also made me double check my tmeperature by using the 'cup method'. I learned to tell the difference between a hard and soft ball stage. Mom still has the old pot that was my favorite fudge pot! I think I'll sneek it out of her kitchen before too long! lol

Check out this CANDY SITE for some awesome recipes! Some of them I intend to try....

Thank you Glenda Martin for sharing the site with me. Thank you Deadra for making it work! Who needs a Computer Book for Dummies when you have Deadra, Redonia and Bro. Weldon? They are always rescuing me!!!

2 comments:

Keith and Carla said...

Thanks for the candy site! I intend to try some of them, too. My family always beg me to keep some candy for them (like they are starving). It's a great way to give gifts.

Mandy said...

I too like your new blog! I'll enjoy reading it! Thanks