Friday, November 21, 2008

A Must Read

A blogging friend, Karen Hopper, has a wonderful post entitled Entertainint-House or Home Style. When I finally got my achy self out of bed just before 7:00 am my thoughtful husband told me Sis. Hopper has a Charming Hopsitality post that I would enjoy.

Sis. Hopper, thanks for your post! If we want to feel like we are in a 'sterile' environment we can opt to go to a restaurant or some other place of business. Dinner parties, dessert parties, family gatherings, open houses, etc should all be accompanied with the warmth of a genuine welcome. The welcome should not end at the front door with a formal greeting but should continue until the last guests departs for the evening.

I usually achieve this by having one or more persons helping me with keeping the kitchen clean and iced tea glasses filled. I want to be free to make every guest feel valued in our home. Kent and I truly feel our home is a better place because it's been shared with many. Sure my carpets are not spotless and my walls have a few marks but my home is warm and inviting. What good is it if you have carpet that can't be walked on or walls that can't be touched? Keep the shoes on please when you visit me! We want your footprints left on our floors. This house will pass away but hopefully I can help make a difference in someone's eternal home.

Thanks, again, Sis. Hopper!!!

1 comment:

Misti Ferguson said...

I couldn't have said it better myself! Amen, amen, amen!