Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sparkling Tea

For our ladies seminar I wanted to serve a drink that wouldn't be too sweet since the menu consisted mostly of either chocolate foods or those dipped in chocolate. Of course we had ice water but I still wanted something a little more. While I know some like tea to calm the sweety taste other's aren't 'tea drinkers'. Well, I came up with a recipe that most wanted to know the 'secret' ingredients. Ok, girls....take note here it is:

1 gallon Sweet Tea
2 liters Ginger Ale

It's a pretty amber color, too! I think next time I will add a little bit of almond extract to the mix. Ok....almond goes a long way so if you opt for it you better start out with only a bit and add slowly until you get to the perfect blend.

Ok, this southern girl even took the easy route and bought Red Diamond Sweetened Iced Tea. Shhh don't tell anyone...that's just too easy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was really a good tea......I will be making it for us to drink at family gatherings..WONDERFUL.

love,
Mom

Janell said...

Mmmmm sounds yummy! How much ginger ale do I use if I just want to make a pitcher or two of sweet tea? (It's just for my hubby and I)