Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Easy Plump Possum Pie

1 plump possum
2 pie crusts
2 nice taters
3 big carrots
2 cans mushroom soup


Place plump possum feet down and face up in first pie crust. Chop taters n carrots and place them around the plump possum. Pour the mushroom cans over the plump possum. Put second pie crust over the plump possum and squeeze edges down real tight. Bake until plump possum stops grinning and hair is crunchy.

The delightful delicious delectable dish definite defeats duck and all the other birds one other might offer up on Thanksgiving day.


NOTE: My precious husband, Kent, asked that I publish this recipe on his behalf. Beverly Thomas, a life long friend, commented today that for her daughter's wedding many of the recipes were taken from this site. From time to time people tell me they print the recipes gathered here. I think Kent wanted to be a blessing to others, too! :)

5 comments:

Keith and Carla said...

I think I'll skip this one!!! LOL! The part that really got me was the possum facing up & the crunchy hair! Uggghhh...

Anonymous said...

I have such a retard for my oldest son-in-law........Lord help him.
Scott probably would eat such. I know he used to eat possum with Bro. Edgar and Sis. Theresa that went to our church in Theodore. They trapped and sold them.....
But they weren't cooked like that I am sure.....GROSS.......

Mom

Sis. Susan Roen said...

Sorry....I will NOT be trying this recipe. Keep Kent out of the kitchen on Thanksgiving Day!....well, always would be best, I guess!!!!!

Cylinda Nickel said...

too cute!

~Violet~ said...

Instead of turkey, I think we will have Possum Pie for Thanksgiving!
It shouldn't be to hard to find one along side the road that someone has run over...hehe!

Thanks for the laugh today, I really needed it! :))))