Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Sequel to "Keep the Home Lookin' Warm": Keep the Heart Warm

I am certain most ladies want and even plan to have clean, orderly, nice homes. Some ladies refuse to try because they feel what they have is not nice or adequate. What a shame! Clean, order or even nice has nothing to do with the price tag or newness of the home or its contents.

Additionally, it has been my observation that regardless to the organizational structure displayed in a home it may still be perceived as a mess by guests or more importantly its residents. The first step to a nice home is having a 'nice' homemaker. The spirit of the homemaker speaks much louder than the order, cleanliness or decor of a home. A happy heart creates a happy home.

While I can not exist in a disorganized dirty home I can not exist in my home when my spirit is dirty, cluttered, or unsubmitted. I have been in homes that appeared beautiful yet my first impressions were not that of a beautiful home. In fact I felt I was in a dirty place. It would not be until I searched for the smell, the dust, or the clutter that I reazlied the home may be free of these elements.

My goals for 2009 will include issues of the home. We must realize that the goals of the other residents will not be adequately satisfied if they live in a cluttered environment. Please know I am referring to the clutter of a heart rather than that of the home.

May we realize we must maintain our heart in order to maintain our homes....

Blessings in 2009 for a warm heart which WILL produce a warm home.....

1 comment:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Loved the post. I am working on keeping both my houses uncluttered.