Monday, April 13, 2009

Cheeseburger Stuffed French Bread

1 lb Ground Beef
Minced onion, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
Velveeta Cheese slices or grated cheddar cheese
1 loaf fresh French bread

Brown meat with onion, drain. Add soup and pepper. Simmer over low heat until bubbly. Slice top 1/3 of bread. Hollow bread from larger piece to form bowl. Reserve 1/2 of the crumbs. Crumble reserved crumbs into small pieces. Combine meat mixture with crumbs and return to bread bowl. Top with cheese. Cover with bread top. Wrap with foil and bake in 350 degree oven for approx 20 minutes. Bake until cheese is melted.

NOTE:

I recently prepared 6 loaves for a crowd. Prior to wrapping the bread with foil and baking I sliced the loaves for serving. Once I removed bread from the oven it was ready to serve. I simply served with chips and dip. Of course I had fruit and desserts, too!!

4 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

You need to publish a cookbook for us pentecostals with hurried lives. We could certainly use a little help at times. This recipe sounds so good.

Anonymous said...

Sis. Smith,
I tried the Cheeseburger Stuffed French Bread recipe last night. It was delicious and my husband loved it! He's a picky eater, although you couldn't tell! :) Rachel Hill

Burst Moments Blog said...

Can you please post a picture ?

Burst Moments Blog said...

OMW, I just to say, I tried this recipe tonight for dinner and it WAS AMAZING and soooo GOOD!!! Its simple but the flavor is great!!! It kinda reminds me of a cheese steak sandwich, I had a while back. If you just add some green and red peppers. It would taste just like one. Hey maybe you can add that option to your recipe?? thank you for a great recipe :))))
YOU ROCK!!! You go girl....

Hugs ,
Marie