Monday, May 18, 2009

Fresh Creamed Style Corn

12 ears of corn
1/3 cup of sugar
Salt & Pepper to taste
3 sticks of Margarine
3/4 cup water

Shuck the corn removing all silk. Wash corn. Carefully scrape all corn from the cobs. Then scrape the 'milk' from the cobs. Melt margarine in large dutch skillet. Add creamed corn and remaining ingredients, mixing well. Cook over medium heat stirring often for 1 - 1.5 hours or until tender.

This quantity made enough for 4 adults plus I froze two more servings for four adults.

NOTE: Can season with bacon drippings, that's what Mamaw Ingram would have done!!!

1 comment:

Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

My MawMaw Lewis fixed hers in the oven in an iron skillet. I can see her sitting in front of the hot oven, opening it every few minutes to stir the corn until it was just right. OOOOOO I wish I had some.