Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Chicken / Sausage / Peppers / Onions

Last night I cooked one of Kent's favorites. Let me share it with you. Who knows you may enjoy it as much and he and Donie did! :)

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 pkg smoked sausage (Eckrich, Chappell Hill or similar)
1/2 white onion, cut in thin rings
1 large green bell pepper cut in thin rings
coarse gound black pepper, to taste

Cube chicken breasts about 1" x 1". Slice sausage in thin circles. Combine meat and veggies on double stovetop griddle. Sprinkle with black pepper. (I use alot!) Cook until meat is done and veggies are grilled.

I complimented this wonderful entree with whole green beans, wild rice, and delicious hot buttered yeast rolls. Of course we enjoyed southern sweet iced tea, too. We decided to take our dessert next door and share with my parents, Uncle Billy & Aunt Nancy, and Scott & Courtney. I served a Southern Pecan Pie from Pie in the Sky with Homemade Vanilla Blue Bell Ice Cream.

Try it and then stop back by and let me know what you think!

Happy cooking to each of you....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds so good but I don't have a double stovetop griddle! What do I do instead?...LOL
Lisa