Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cupcake Week, Continued

Confession is good for the southern girl's soul!

Today we met Pastor & Mrs. Ted Cox of Abbeyville, LA for lunch @ Maggiano's on Post Oak. This was our first meeting with this great couple. They are more of our online friends. Wow! This is twice in 4 days. We are making lots of friends these days. I love it!

Enroute I mentioned to Kent that after we leave Maggiano's I would love to get a cupcake. Kent mentioned my silly cupcake craving to the Bro. & Sis. Cox. They had never heard of a cupcake shop and wanted to join us. Crave Cupcake was only 4 or 5 blocks away. Unfortunately when we got there they only have a bar with about 4 seats and it was full with people standing everywhere. We left the Cox's car and they rode with us about 4 miles away to Sugarbaby's Cupcake Boutique.

Sugarbaby's Cupcake Boutique is the cutest cupcake shop ever! The color scheme is black, pink, and white. It is very charming with lots of tables and chairs. The cupcakes were delicious. They serve them on little trays. I chose an Italian Cream Cupcake. It was so cute! It even had cream cheese in the middle of the cupcake. Yes...totally to die for! I had a glass of water served in a glass patterned with black toille and pink roses. Of course they serve coffee, milk, and various soft drinks. The boutique has the cutest cupcake themed gift items. They also had adorable cupcake pedestals. I really want two sets of them. They would be adorable for desserts served at each place setting. Aaaahhhh such southern charm. They are made by Wilton if anyone is interested in researching them. I think I will buy some later this week.

Remember, our friends left their car at Crave Cupcake. You guessed it when had to purchase cupcakes there when we returned. I had to get some for my babies. Of course I got one for me for a snack later tonight, too! Redonia loved hers. I just texted Trent that I bought him a 'lil edible prize. Guess what...he and Calah are coming over after choir practice to get their treat! I know I know...my daughter-in-law is just going to giggle. She loves all my lil prizes! ha

I still haven't gotten around to making any cupcakes...I've gotta do it! I can't wait to take my sisters to Sugarbaby's Cupcake Boutique - they are going to LOVE it!!!! Twice in week...hummm I may need to exercise! ha

Ok...bake some cupcakes or at least go and buy some to enjoy. If you live in Houston another great place for cupcakes is the Dessert Gallery....

5 comments:

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

Ah yes....

Keep this up and your gonna need to meet the elliptical demon machine I have recently met....

Had fun on the cupcake tour today

Karla said...

You are SOOO making me crave cupcakes!!! There is a blog I follow that you or other readers might be interested in. It is bakerella.blogspot.com Great cupcake ideas plus more. Enjoy!!

Cyndi Kaye said...

A friend shared your blog with me and I have enjoyed your recipes and tips. Just wanted to say thank you. P.S. I'll be making Red Velvet cupcakes tonight with cream cheese frosting.

Anonymous said...

Did you see Wednesday Chronicle?

Karen J. Hopper said...

That's it! I've put off the Great Bake Day but this post is the "straw that broke the camel's back". Now I have to decide which favor.