Monday, February 2, 2009

Scents - I Prefer the Good Ones!

I love the smell of cookies in the oven! Yummm I'm smelling that right now. Peanut Butter Cookies with a Hershey Kiss in the middle..aaahhh

I also love the smell of my scent diffuser from Bath and Body. Currently I'm burning Carmel Apple Oil. Delish....Calah came in last week while I was burning that scent and immediately wanted to know what kind of cake was I cooking! I have about a half of dozen of Bath and Body oils at all times. I don't like the floral or perfumey scents but all the spice or food fragrances are so yummy.

I love the smell of fresh sheets on a bed. Sometimes I cheat and mist the sheets with a linen spray from Bath and Body.

I love the Mexican cleaner that our janitor at the church uses to clean with on Wednesdays....this week she used the purple bottle of Fabuloosa. Despite the commercial cleaners we keep. She always finishes up with her yummy smell....I love it!

Of late I've written cleaning tips and declutter tips. I thought I'd remind us all that no matter how clean or straight the home if it doesn't smell clean it just might not be clean to a southern girl!

There are lots of tips...boil cloves and cinnamon in water....mist a cotton boil with a fragrant oil and put in the return a/c vent...and on and on we can go.

Tonight I thought I'd just simply share the yummy scents of my home....homebaked cookies and the oil scent diffuser...

Aaahhhhh inhale....exhale...refreshed!

2 comments:

Keith and Carla said...

Ahhh...we use the purple bottle of Fabuloso, too! It smells so good. And fresh sheets - there's nothing like climbing into them!

Sis. Susan Roen said...

Okay....so I brought 3 gallons of purple Fabuloso with me, I use it on all my floors!!!!!!!!! And, there is a Blue-Green one that has a wonderful marine scent that I use too!! I love scented candles all over the house....but limit them greatly due to four paws who live in my house!!!! I don't like the scent of FIRE!!!! As for CLUTTER......I feel like that is my life right now with all this moving, but soon it will start to look and feel like a relaxing, Spirit-filled home!!! Keep on writing, Tracie.....and soon you can "bug" me about the new blog I want to get started. Love you!!!