Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Share ..... Another word for Hospitality

I know during the holidays we have lots of house guests. In fact if your home is like mine by January you grow a little weary of entertaining. No, I didn't just say that! I never truly grow weary of entertaining it's just the work getting ready for parties that wearies me.

Today, I challenge you to share....why not share the best gift. I truly believe the best gifts aren't monetarily based or even tangible. Rather I feel the best gift is to share of one's self. An easy way to accomplish this is through hospitality. How long since you've had someone over to share of yourself?

Of late Kent and I have challenged our church to CARE. Why not think of someone that may need a little CARE shown to them? Think of what the people need most. Are they stressed with life? If so plan a relaxing evening. Are they missing joy? If so maybe find a couple of fun games to laugh and play. Do they just need someone to talk with? If so plan to sit around the living room sipping on coffee or tea and enjoy desserts.

You will be amazed how you will be blessed when you share of your hospitaility with others. It is truly more blessed to give than to receive. When the guests leave I promise you will fee rewarded. Go ahead make the time...do it...share!

No comments: