Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas Tips

A friend forwarded me a newsletter she receives. Following are a few tips I thought worthy of sharing:
  • Add a sweet holiday fragrance to your crackling fire. Toss in a handful of dried mint leaves, orange peel or cinnamon sticks.
  • When guests are coming to visit for Christmas, welcome them by decorating bedrooms with strands of twinkling lights on a small tree or string a few strands across the headboard or dresser.
  • Put on some Christmas music, light some candles, and open your Christmas cards at dinner so everyone can read and enjoy them together.
  • Decorate a small velvet pillow with colorful, vintage Christmas brooches! Just pin them on and tuck into the corner of the sofa. So festive!
  • Make cookie giving fun...tuck wrapped cookies in a Christmas stocking.
  • Give a loaf of your favorite sweet bread tucked inside a holiday oven mitt. Wrap the loaf securely then tuck inside. Miniature loaves also make wonderful mitten stuffers.

Do you have any tips? Remember Christmas is about sharing...share some of yours!!!

1 comment:

Cruz Newz said...

Sister, You inspire me!! I can't thank you enough for sharing all you have!! How awesome!

I have followed your and your husbands blogs, you have encouraged me so, made me take a closer look at myself and relationship with the Lord. Thank you, thank you. Many blessings.

I have not done anything with my blog! I will get inspire to do so one day!