Sunday, December 7, 2008

Gifts...Door Prizes...Presents....Drawings...

Tis the season for giving to those we love. Often even gifts to those we may not know at party gift exchanges. I love pretty wrapped gifts! I also love stockings.

Hence a great idea for giving gifts is to place a few items in a stocking. Cute stockings can be found at Dollar Tree, Everythings a $, etc. For my families stockings I use nice stockings. However, for gifting in place of a gift bag or wrapped gift the cheaper version is great. In fact at the dollar type stores you can find nice things for stuffing the stockings. People enjoy 'digging' thru the stocking for their surprises! Following are some examples I have for the stockings that will be used for the drawings @ CUPC Christmas Banquet:

cheese spread
crackers
candy

Christmas mug
2 pkgs of hot chocolate
dis towel
Little Debbie christmas tree cakes
candy

candle
cookies
candy

All the items were purchased at Dollar Tree. I know most people will be excited to be a winner.

My family loves receiving their stockings on Christmas morning. Kent even fills one for me. I put some fun, some useful, and even some necessity items in the stockings. One year we put several gift cards in the kid's stockings and finished filling with their favorite snack itesm.

Each year I edeavor to think of new things....If stockings aren't a part of your family tradition, try it. Everyone will love you for it!!!

Merry Christmas!!!

2 comments:

Kathy McElhaney said...

Just tried the Easy Potato-Sausage Soup. Very yummy! Thanks again for sharing!

Karen Kay said...

great idea - I need gifts for 43 teachers - I'm heading to dollar tree for stockings and I'm going to use your ideas!!! Thanks sis. Love ya