Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ladies Social Recipes

Creamy Chicken Pasta Soup
1 medium carrot shredded
Minced onion to taste
Course ground black pepper to taste
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 1/2 cups half and half
1 whole chicken
6 cups chicken broth
1 can green beans, drained
1 cup penne pasta

Boil chicken and debone. Return broth to medium heat. Add soups, cream, green beans, minced onions, pepper and carrots to chicken broth. Cook until bubbly and green beans are tender. Mix in chicken.

Cook penne pasta as directed on package until tender but still firm to bite. Drain pasta and add to soup mixture. Simmer until ready to serve.

Mandarian Nut Salad
1 bag Spring Mix Salad Greens
1 small can Mandarian oranges, drained
1 cup walnuts

Mix all ingredients well. Serve with various dressings: Poppyseed, Raspberry Vinaigrette, etc

Cheese Ball, Cheese Sread, Cheese cubes & Crackers
Last night I cheated and bought cheeseballs but I do have several delicious recipes I'll share!

Zesty Cheese Ball
16 oz cream cheese
1 jar shredded, dried beef
1/3 cup zesty Italian salad dressing

Mix all, chill, shape and cover with pecans. Serve with Townhouse crackers. When I take this out I have to give everyone the recipe

Ranch Cheese Ball
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
3 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 (1 ounce) package Ranch-style dressing mix
2 cups chopped pecans

In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, and dressing mix. Form into one large ball or two smaller balls. Roll in chopped pecans to coat surface. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.

Blueberry Salad
1 can Blueberry Pie Filling
8 0z cream cheese, softened
16 oz Cool Whip, thawed
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 can crushed pineapple, drained
3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Mix all ingredients together. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Serve chilled.

Chocolate Heath Bark
1 package chocolate almond bark
1 package heath toffee bits
1 cup chopped walnuts

Melt bark according to package directions. Mix in toffee bits and walnuts. Spread thin onto wax paper. When cool break into bite size pieces. Store in airtight container.

Andes Bark
1 package white chocolate almond bark
1 package Andes Mint Bits (in store near chocolate chips)
1 cup Wilton red dipping chocolate discs

Melt bark according to package directions. Mix in Andes chips. Spread thin onto waxed paper. When cool drizzle with melted red chocolate. When red is set break into pieces.

Snow Drops
1 package white chocolate almond bark
2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Melt bark according to package directions. Mix in coconut and nuts. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper.

Easy Peanut Butter Kisses
1 tub peanut butter cookie dough
Mini Baking Chocolate Kisses (available near chocolate chips)

Roll cookie dough into small balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake per pkg directions. Immediately upon removing from oven insert one mini kiss. Remove cookies from pan and allow to cool.

Easy Peanut Patties
1 package chocolate almond bark
3 cups salted party peanuts

Melt bark according to package directions. Mix in peanuts. Stir until peanuts are well coated. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper.

Bedtime Story Tea
4 Lipton Bedtime Story Tea Bags
2 cups water
1 1/3 cup sugar
water

Boil tea bags in 2 cups of water. Put sugar in 2 quart pitcher. Pour hot tea over sugar to dissolve sugar. Finish filling with water and stir well. Chill. Serve over ice.

Hot Spiced Wassail
1 gallon apple juice
32 oz ginger ale
16 whole cloves
2 cinnamon sticks
1 cup red hots

Pour juice and ginger ale into large coffee pot. Place cloves, cinnamon sticks, and red hots into coffee pot basket. Perk for 15 minutes If you do not have large cofee pot simply place liquids and candy in large stock pot. Tie cloves and cinnamon sticks in a peice of cheesecloth and place in pot. Cook over medium heat until wassail comes to a boil.

I also served the following:
Sam's Chocolate Triple Ecstasy ( I removed from cardboard and garnished with crushed peppermints)
Sam's Coconut Cake
Sam's Pecan Pie
Sam's Brownies
Sam's Creme Puffs
Fruit (strawberries, grapes & pineapple chunks, drained) with Chocolate Hazelnut Nuetella
M&Ms
Water with lemon slices


I have found that most of Sam's desserts are very good. I remove from packing and garnish. For instance I sprinkle confectioners sugar over a bowl of creme puffs. I would never serve all bought desserts at a party. I have found that people really enjoy homemade candies. Mixing in easy homemade candies with some tasty traditional bought desserts makes everyone happy!

For approximately 45 persons I quadrupled the soup receipe. I had about 4 cups of soup left. The soup was served in 9 oz clear 'squatty' punch cups. Several got seconds though! We prepared 7 recipes of salad. I had too much salad left. I should have prepared only 5 recipes. I made 3 gallons of tea. I had some left but not much. I had 3 gallons of water. Probably 1.5 gallons were consumed. I have the double restaurant supply drink dispenser. Each side holds 3 gallons. (Great investment!!!) I doubled the wassail recipe. It was a great hit! The ladies enjoyed the wassail as they arrived. We actually had a wintry Texas night!!! I bought the 3 assorted 3 pack cracker barrel cheese slices from Sam's. Most all the cheese was eaten. Most all the cheese ball and the 16 oz cheese spread was consumed.

Hopefully I didn't leave anything out! CUPC girls if I omitted a menu item from this recipe list let me know. Each of you know I love to share. I will be happy to post the recipe.

Try some of these and let me know what you think!!!!

Have a happy happy holiday!!!!!!! I love CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy it was all DELICIOUS!! I loved the soup best of all. Lots of fun and fellowship! I had a great time and came home with my pretty pink Santa to go on my Victorian Christmas tree.

love,
Mom

Susan Hill said...

Thanks for sharing, I just may use some of these recipes at mine tomorrow!!!

Anonymous said...

I made the Ranch cheese ball for my husbands work luncheon. I was glad that it made 2 large balls, because Fri. nite I'm serving the other one at our ladies Christmas tea. I will also be serving the mandarian salad, with a pot of baked potato soup. Thanks for all the info you give.
Lord bless....
Have a Blessed Christmas
(we are long time friends of Bro. & Sis. Don Hodgson. We attended the same church in Chicago several years ago; lots of great memories)