Monday, December 15, 2008

It's Almost Here....

Come on girls.....It's Christmas...It really is almost here!!!!!

Keep the charm in your home this week. Often as the Christmas draws near the pressure strengthens. Make a list today. Go ahead and write it on a full sheet of paper. I keep one going in a opened Word document on my desktop. List the things that must be accomplished today and for the rest of the week. If you finish today's list begin tomorrows. Sometimes it is easy for me to complete part of one day's list and a few items for later in the week. Marking things off a list seem to help my 'feelings'.

Here's a sample of my list....

Today:
Make grocery list for ladies social
Buy groceries
Buy paper products
Make homemade goodies
Cook dinner ---- have to put it on a list or it doesn't happen
Wrap a few items for gifts for tomorrow night
Reconcile my checkbook
Wrap last 2 gifts for toy drive
Wrap the remaining gifts for nieces and nephews
Doctor's appointment
Bank
Go to the office
Address Christmas cards to friends/family

Tomorrow & later in week:
set up tables for party
decorate tables
cook
set up tree for ornament exchange (will be # 6!)
dust
have KENT vacuum!!!!
clean bathrooms
sweep/mop
prepare meal for party
Christmas shop for my immediate family - finally!
Church Wednesday night
Go to outreach kids homes and remind of toy drive (like they'll forget!)

Ok this is just a start.......the PRIORITY on my list is to ENJOY the week and spread holiday cheer. Regardless the size of the list I will fit in time fto enjoy Christmas. Kent's whistling mixed with singing "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year". Yes, it is!!!!!

3 comments:

Karen Kay said...

how exciting - a fellow "list" queen! I knew I liked you for a reason!!!!

your "other" sis
karen

Anonymous said...

I need to make a list and it for sure would be a mile long......I have so much to do that you two would think yall were gonna drop dead if you had my list to do.....
ha ha

love,
Mom/Shirley

Deadra's Dialogue said...

YES.....from one list queen to another.....your the bomb...I marked 5 off of my list today....I have to carry mine in my purse or put it on my phone....I will come over tomorrow and help you mark some more off...lol...love you bunches!!!!!